Saturday, April 02, 2016

Design Time

Dear Kerby,

I designed my mom's business cards. They arrived on Tuesday - all fifty of them. She liked them. I think I should have tacked on a design fee like I would charge a regular client.

I have my Adobe CC programs for a few more days. I have to decide if I want to renew or cancel the programs based how much money I currently have.

In this time if having the programs I have been working on designs for myself. One of them needed color advice. I asked my mom what color to use; it was between two colors. The first thing out of her mouth was, "And who are you doing this for?"

I am glad I did not answer that question because she would have started drama. Can I not do what I want to? I went to school for this and this is something for me to better myself at. It makes be feel good doing some design work now and again even if it is for myself.

I have a few items I have been saving to get printed for my portfolio. This would be one of them when it is finally finished.



I was using Pantone swatches and could not decide if I wanted a warm gray or a cool gray. This is what made me go to my mom. I have one color in mind but have yet to make the ultimate decision.


How do you feel when you go to someone for advice and they shoot you down?

Talk to you later,
Bluelaugh